Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The reason...

Lately, I have been slacking on writing. The reason? I am taking a course on American Popular Music, and it fills my music writing void for the time being. It's been really fun, and I have learned a few new tidbits...

There are, however, some ingrained opinions no higher learning course can change. My dislike of a certain few acts worshipped by others always turn some heads, but I am unyielding. I have no issue throwing caution to the wind. Hate away if you must:

1. Grateful Dead: I just don't get it, and no amount of explaining will make me understand. They blow. BLOW.

2. Bob Dylan:
A great poet and lyricist, I'll admit that, but his music annoys the Jesus out of me. I suck bad too, so I hope that I can amass a cult same as Bobby.

3. Aerosmith:
Maybe 2 good albums worth of material. Maybe... That includes "Pump" and the first Joe Perry Project. I change the channel if anything but "Toys in the Attic" comes on. It's a hard truth.

4. Type O Negative:
RIP and all of that, but good lord, I don't get it. Loving this band is like loving the suck. Why was it ever vogue to think them amazballs is beyond me. A channel change happens no faster than when Type O finds its way onto my radio. Word.

I have one more beef to piss off the masses. How in the hell people still let the Roth era Van Halen off the hook for the shite they spewed between VH1 and 1984 is ludicrous. They ripped off the fans. The 4 L.P.s between 1978 and 1984 are so bad, it would be hard to amass enough good material for 1 SOLID album. Your argument about shit like "Take your whisky home" is nonsense. Covers don't count either.

I was 9 when 1984 came out. I am an expert study on many things rock (in my own head) and I believe 1984, as a work of pop art, is amazing, but 5150 is better. 

This rant is brought to you by my 7 hours in a car today listening to the radio. Top moments:

DRE : 2001
Body Count: Bloodlust
Nailbomb: Point Blank
Baroness: Purple
Dying Fetus: WOTFW

Nago

No comments:

Post a Comment