Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Who in the actual F*** is Jonny Solinger?


Ok kids, I am getting on a soapbox about this for a minute. 

The metal boards are all abuzz about Skid Row firing Jonny Solinger as their lead singer. Jonny who? 

They hired the guy from TNT to replace him. Who?

Ok, I know who TNT is (I am a metalhead afterall), and I guess the new guy will bring something...........

Rachel and Snake, give fans what they want. You know exactly what I am talking about. Take the money, tour the big venues, quit being clowns.

I challenge anyone to name one Skid Row song without Sebastian Bach. One step further, name one Sebastian Bach song without Skid Row.

All of them need their heads examined. There is Motley Crüe money sitting on the table waiting for them. They would create a buzz so loud that they might actually be relevant again. 

I saw Skid Row open for Aerosmith. They blew a young Nago away. It was right around the time 18 and Life hit the radio. They were better than the hair bands of the day, heavier than the hair bands of the day, and Rachel had a nose ring.

I saw Skid Row again on the Kiss farewell tour in 2000. It was probably Jonny Solinger singing. Who knows? More importantly, who cares?

There are so many egos in that camp that Axl Rose is like "dude, those guys are fucked up."

Next year is the 25th anniversary of Slave to the Grind. How about a reunion tour? One tour? Hire Doc McGee, Ross Halfin and get a kick ass tour bus. Even Kiss did that much for the fans. 

I could go on all night, but I'll just shake my head and move on with life.

 Nago

No comments:

Post a Comment