Monday, January 23, 2017

Turnpike Blues

Tonight I am sitting at the South Somerset Rest Area due to an accident blocking all lanes somewhere between here and Bedford on I-76 in Pennsylvania. I'm headed to NJ for a morning meeting I am probably not going to make. I was advised by many people smarter than I to not make this trip. Ho hum...

Anyway, why not make the best of my downtime? If I was home, I'd probably be writing (or continuing my closet binge watch of the Clone Wars series on Netflix... its getting really good. I'm starting season 6).

This looks like maybe some freak winter storm. There is a pile of snow on the ground. If I do make it to Jersey tonight, it will be with Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" in my head. We come through the land of the ice and snow.... ahhhh ahh.

I people watched for a minute. I seem to always see Amish at rest areas. They really should just drive themselves around. What exactly is the point of not driving for religious reasons, and just have people drive you around? Amish confuse and annoy me. They can be as righteous as they want, they are destined suffer the same fate as everyone else. If we global warm this biotch into a burning crusty toast, none of their akwardness will matter. Might as well get a minivan and cart the rest of the Yoders to Walmart. Just sayin...

Shite is getting real, Popeye's ran out of white meat. Im kinda pissed.

Anyway. Looks like I have an opportunty to drive again. Lets see how far I get.

Life is a Highway, try not to block it, all night long...

Nago.

No comments:

Post a Comment